These are the earliest known Kastlers by this author who have been mentioned in a document or church records. Persons who are known to have existed earlier than when the church books were starting to be used, typically the mid 1600’s, are considered by me to be rare. It’s unfortunate that church records do not go back further than that, although a few do go back into the late 1500’s. Except for Anthoni, these persons were extracted from tax records or other documents from city archives, castle archives, etc. As more documents are discovered over time, perhaps more of our ancestors will appear. Currently, researching documents other than church records is more a task for the advanced or professional genealogist.
- Christian Kastler – Swabian Kastlers, Farmer, ~*1410 – †1475, Asselfingen, Germany
- Simon Kastler – Austrian Kastlers, father at wedding, 1641, Grünbach, Austria
- Petrus Kastler – Swabian Kastlers, Catholic priest, ~*1420 – †1493, Langenau, Germany
- Jakob Kastler – Citizen, mentioned 1441, Schaffhausen, Switzerland
- Anthoni (Casteler) Kasteler – Wahlern Kastlers, *1565, Wahlern, Switzerland
- Conrad Kastler – Westhoffen Kastlers, †~1593, Westhoffen, Alsace, France
- Konrad Kastner – Königsbach Kastners, †1592, Unknown whether Westhoffen or Königsbach