- Jacob Mathias Lutwyler Sr. Showalter (*1702 - †1773)
- Maria Elizabeth Saunders (*1706 - †1776)
- Peter Showalter (*1722 - †1756)
- Christian Showalter (*1727 - †1805)
- Jacob Mathias Lutwyler Jr. Showalter (*1730 - †1778)
- Johannes Showalter (*1732 - †1806)
- Joseph Showalter (*1733 - †?)
- Daniel Showalter (*1738 - †1822)
- Valentine Showalter (*1740 - †?)
- Barbara Showalter (*1744 - †?)
- Margaret Showalter (*1746 - †?)
- Martha Showalter (*1748 - †?)
- Susannah Watterson (*1751 - †1815)
a) BIOGRAPHY: Ulrich Sbowalter was a blacksmith and enlisted as a Private inthe 4th Battalion, Volunteer Army out of Northampton Co., PA beingaRanger for the Revolutionary War in 1778. He later was in the 3rdBattalion as a Private of the Northampton CO. Rangers on the Frontierfrom1783 to 1787.
The name Sbowalter means beautiftul forest.
BIOGRAPHY: Ulrich came to America with his parents & 11 siblings on theBrotherhood ship out of Rotterdam, via Cowles, England landing inPhiladelphia, PA on 11/3/1750. The youngest child died on the trip andwasburied at sea.
BIOGRAPHY: They settled near Allentown, PA owning 450 acres. His father,Jacob was born in Basle, Switzerland & his mother, Maria was born 1706 in Switzerland. They later moved to Germany. Jacob was a Mennonite Bishopand established the first Mennonite Church near the Lehigh River. Jacobdied in 1773 while his wife, Maria, died in 1778. His uncle, John Showalter, came to America 12/7/1744 on the Muscliffe Gallery Ship as a Morovian Missionary to Christianize the Indians. John'sother brother Christian arrived with his wife & two sons on 9/15/1749 on the Phoenix Ship and settled in Earl Twp., Lancaster Co.PA.
BIOGRAPHY: Jacob and Maria's first born son, Peter who was killed byIndians in 1756 is the 2nd great grandfather of Felix Showalter whomarried my great grandfather, George Scutchall's sister, Mary CatherineScutchall on 6/16/1872 who is on my father's London side of the family.Their 2nd born son, Jacob Jr,. was also a blacksmith, 3rd son, Christianwas a Private in the Revolutionary War., 4th son, John was a gunmakerduring the Revoltionary War. He also was a Mennonite Minister as well ashis brother Joseph. 7th born son, Valentine also was a Private in theRevulotionary War in the PA. Militia & was a weaver like his brotherDaniel. There also was daughters, Barbara, Margaret and Martha AnnShowalter
b) GEDCOM file: Swabian Kastlers.ged